Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Towards that shining star I will rise!!!

Towards that shining star I will rise
I have this ambition which I do not bite
At times I feel there are very few things I do right
But to reach that shining star I will hunt for every prise

I had a dream and that dream I followed
Was oblivious that to the very dream I had to surrender
Was unaware that there would be times I would just wander
With a pinch of salt everything I had swallowed

But the dream I believe in and the dream still exists
The mind is now eager, thirst even stronger,
To set out on my path I can wait no longer
To achieve the dream I will persist

A different path I will adopt, new ideas I will try
It is a new challenge, a sudden gauntlet thrown
Failures have only helped and my confidence has grown
The path has had thorns to whom I have said good bye

Time has now brought my passion to the fore
Ready to explore new avenues and things unheard
Not afraid of doors closing and certain people absurd
With time the doors too have creaked that much more

The doors will finally give up, The journey will look beautiful
Fresh, colorful and full of people hearty
Life, I would want to make it one big party
Yes, towards that shining star I will rise!!

Aditya Khandekar

4 comments:

Mugdha said...

hey!

u are a poet n i dint even kno it!!

:D

gud one....

Unknown said...

Hey Aditya!!!!!!!!! M Impressed....... too good dude.

Unknown said...

Very apt poem for anybody seeking the right path and trying to find his niche.

Confessions of a dirty mind said...

Hey Aditya, went through ur blog. Man u write good, dream wala poem is inspirin, m sure buddy sooner or later, SUMTHING'S GOTTA GIVE N STAY REST ASSURED ITS NT GONNA BE US